29 Jan 2012

My brother's cooking club

My brother has a cooking club together with some friends. They meet once a month, sometimes for an evening, sometimes for a weekend, and two people are responsible for the food. They take turns cooking. It's strictly for guys only and so far they've never invited guests. So I was particularly honored when I was allowed to join them for a weekend in Klosters. What better way to spend the weekend than as the only girl with 5 men who are into cooking?! Thank you, guys!


Kristian was responsible for the starter: salad with quail eggs and tiger prawns.



My brother made Ossobuco with polenta and vegetables. The last time I had tried bone marrow was years ago and I hated it. I tried it again and this time loved it! We mixed it with some chives, finely chopped onion and salt and ate it with toast - delicious!



I didn't want to come empty handed so I made dessert: Ottolenghi's orange polenta cake and salty caramel ice cream to go with it.



For breakfast my brother and his friends had bought some graved lachs from Lachserei Ehrat in Klosters: www.lachserei.ch



And my brother made a Spanish omelette following a recipe from Jamie Oliver's iphone app, but gave it a Grisons twist by adding Salsiz instead of chorizo. It tasted fabulous!
I hope I can join my brother's cooking club again some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment