14 Feb 2012

Dinner for two friends using three favorite ingredients...

... artichoke, trout and barba di frate.

Last week two friends came by to help me hang some art works in my flat. I cooked us some dinner with lovely produce I bought at the market.


- Barba di Frate: Blanch in boiling water for a couple of minutes. Dress with lemon juice, good olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Artichokes: Boil in water until stem can easily be pierced with sharp knife. Make a vinaigrette using mustard, salt, pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice, lots of mixed, chopped herbs, white wine vinegar and good olive. It's easiest to put all components in a container with a lid and shake.


- Trout: Rinse the trout and pat dry. Lightly flour both sides and stuff inside with herbs. I used flat leaf parsley, dill and chervil. Fry in lots of butter, approx. 5 min each side. I added lots of sage to the pan and fried it until crispy.


VoilĂ  dinner is served.

No comments:

Post a Comment