26 Sept 2011

Second Lobster in Maine - Wedding Dinner (and Cake)

The dinner at my friend's wedding was probably the best wedding dinner I've been part of. Nothing of the top, just simple, relaxed (we were all wearing huge bibs to protect from lobster splatter) and so enjoyable! There was a buffet with roast beef, fantastic potato salad, corn on the cob, mixed salad. But the highlight was clearly the lobster!


The lobster was steamed this time on a big metal plate over a fire just in front of the wedding venue. The plate was first covered in seaweed, the lobsters placed on the seaweed (it was a bit odd to watch them twitch and move but I have to admit, I was more excited about eating them than I felt sorry for them...), then they were covered in seaweed and some water was added.


Finally some white clams in little nets were placed on top and the whole thing covered with a cloth to keep the steam in.




This was definitely my favorite lobster of the weekend!



Dessert was unbelievable too! The bride recently started patisserie school in New York and made her own wedding cake:

No comments:

Post a Comment